Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Texture Wall Piece

The entire piece is made by cardboard,  cereal box, foam board (base), magazine text, black masking tape, and hot glue. I used the black masking tape instead of black spray paint because I liked the texture it gave it.
This is the way my final piece looks. I went back and made some changes before we received our final grade and crit on them. First, I made it "pop" further off the wall than it was originally. At first, it was just mounted on a single piece of board, and now it stand around two inches away from the wall. I also raised my center square slightly instead of leaving it flat. I went back and made the negative space as well so you could see the text inside the biggest square through the cutout of a smaller square. During group crit, someone mentioned it had a "magnifying glass" effect to it, which I had never thought of.

No comments:

Post a Comment