Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cardboard Acorn - Final

Today was the final crit on our cardboard objects. We had a classroom crit as well as a discussion/crit within our table groups.
My table group had a few pointers, suggestions and some basic advice on how I could "better" my object if I were to make modifications, or do it all over again.
First, it was pointed out that my scale was slightly off... The piece that sticks out of the bottom looks much longer than it should, and the slope from top to bottom of te acorn did not have enough of a "curve" to it. When I started out with the basic frame, the overall scale was fine, but after adding a full body to my object, there were some parts that stuck out to far, or were too long.
It was also suggested that I could somewhat easily add the curve that my acorn needs to show the body accurately without completely starting over. If I were to do this successfuly, this would also eliminate the lenght issue of the bottom.



You can see in this picture, that the body does not have the slope that the real acorn has. You can also see how the length is an issue.


The top piece is probably the beat part and what looks most like the real acorn.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment