Wednesday, September 1, 2010

From Forty to Final Four

My strongest sixteen. There are four from each category.

After selecting my strongest sixteen pieces from the forty(+) that I created, the group gathered together to critique each others work and choose (collectively) which we felt were the strongest, per each category.
The group also pointed out a few things that may have never been noticed by myself, seeing as I'm the one who designed each piece, and therefore see it the way I want to and not necessarily the way it really is.
One of the biggest pieces of information I received was to possibly vary the size of my dots a bit more. Most of the dots seemed to be a "medium" size, and the small dots seemed to be just a little too small. It was also recommended that I could have a more exaggerated scale shift which would be more prone to show the various sizes of dots that way the similar sized dots wouldn't make the layout look so "plain." There were a few that also had too much negative space. This could also be resolved by modifying the size of the dots, or simply changing the spacing between the dots.


These are the final four, chosen by the group, but I chose to switch the top one out with another that I felt was stronger.
These are my final four. I believe this will be my final layout as well.
The piece on the bottom right is the one I chose to add after the group selected the previous four. It shows continuism quite a bit better than the piece directly to the left of it (which is actually being used to portray closure, but the group had previously chose it for continuism).


When we did our group critique, the main suggestion I received from everyone was that maybe I should vary my size of dots across all of my pieces. Overall, out of all of them, they seemed to have similar sized dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment