Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Exquisite Corpse pt. 2

The gargantuous swordfish running and sweaty rocks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got really frustrated with the second part to this. It seemed like the more I wandered around looking for something to take a picture of, the more frustrated I got. I couldn't find an answer anywhere. I think maybe I was looking for a image that could translate my sentence very literally, and with the sentence I have, who knows how long I would have to continue looking. There were a few things I saw that made me think of my sentence, people jogging, a blue boat, and this really cool sign at a sea food restaurant, but none of them seemed satisfying enough. Each was just a small piece of my sentence. 
The picture that is posted above happens to be just a random picture I snapped over the weekend with my iphone (which I enjoy doing). When I looked at this after taking it, it reminded me of my sentence... No matter how its presented, the sky always reminds me of the ocean, and vise-versa. The sky reminding me of the ocean made me think of my swordfish. The small rebar pieces sticking out of the top of the "rocks/bricks" makes me think of the running, the way that they slope down, all the way down each one the same distance below or above as the one before it. Kind of like a pace when your running.

1 comment:

  1. it is also just a really nicely composed image.

    on my iphone (3 not 4), i use camera genius and turn on the antishake feature and none of my pictures come out blurry or soft any more. it might be worth a couple of bucks. though if you've download os 4 for your iphone (software operating system) the camera does a better job. might want to try it.

    ReplyDelete