Friday, September 3, 2010

cardboard project progress

Sketches of my object.
This is the main piece that will be supporting the rest of the body. It is two semi-circles that I made "slits" into so they could interlock and hold together easily. I then folded four rectangle pieces that are a little over a foot long to create the base of the "stem."
This is after I covered the "stem" piece so the project could stand as a whole without falling over.



This is actually a picture of two circles that I cut to be the same size. This will serve as the top.
I decided to use this section of cardboard for the circle top because it had two slits in it, and I could use the opening of the slits to help create the openings I needed.
This is the main body together as a whole for the most part. Since this picture,  I've started working on adding the texture and bumps to the top of it to give it more of a 3D feel instead of just that flat top.

So far I think it's turning out really well. I didn't really start out with a set plan, I just had one idea on how to lock the main body together, and ran with it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment