Tuesday, October 5, 2010

'Write Up' of Monologue and Uncomfortable Videos

When doing the monologue, it kind of had this rushed, last minute feel to it for me. I think this might be because I wasn't to sure what to talk about. I had a few ideas where I could film my monologue, that would have actually made it somewhat interesting, but with having to shoot it before class was up that day, it ruled out all of my ideas. I finally just filmed my 60 seconds and turned it in. It felt pretty boring and I'm sure I could have done something a little more interesting... If I was bored doing it, then I'm sure it was boring to watch.

The setting of my uncomfortable video is actually where I wanted to film me doing my monologue. I figured that if I filmed myself doing my monologue while taking a bath, it would be humorous no matter what I was talking about.
Once we got the assignment to create an uncomfortable video, it seemed fitting that I use part of my idea for the first part of the project.

After making the video with a few friends when I went home for the weekend, I was driving back to Huntsville that Sunday, and had so many ideas that could have made it better. With the angle and the way the bathroom was laid out, we could have even made it look like he was peeing in the bathtub.
I think this video turned out a little more funny than it did uncomfortable. Maybe just a little awkwardly humorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment